I thought with just a few days left to go before Christmas and a week before New Years, one last easy recipe was in order. I came up with these Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese Stuffed Figs to serve as an appetizer for Thanksgiving and they went so quickly off the plate I just had to share them with you today.
The combination of the sweet figs, creamy goat cheese and salty bacon is an irresistible combination. In just 30 minutes you can put together an appetizer so impressive your guests would never know it was as simple as 1,2,3.
Step 2: Stuff with goat cheese
Step 3: Wrap with bacon and bake.
Easy right? I guess technically it should be 4 steps, but that’s not as catchy. You can even prep these the day before if you want to save on time. So be sure to keep these ingredients on hand for that surprise visitor, they’d almost think you were expecting them!
- 24 dried calimyrna figs
- 4oz garlic and herb goat cheese
- 8 slices bacon
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a rack on top.
- With a pairing knife, cut the figs ⅔ of the way down, leaving the ends still in tack.
- Stuff each fig with about ½ teaspoon of goat cheese.
- Cut the bacon slices into thirds to make 24 pieces and wrap around the goat cheese stuffed figs.
- Place the figs with the bacon seam down on the rack and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy all around.
- Serve immediately.