Welcome to #cookieweek my little cookie monsters! Myself and Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic have joined together this week with 23 of our blog friends to present to you a week of cookie treats! We have every type of cookie you can think of listed this week, including something for our furry friends! Now is the time to bookmark these recipes for the upcoming holidays and cookie swaps or simply visit our Pinterest board! Make sure you enter the giveaway with some fabulous prizes from KitchenAid, King Arthur Flour, OXO, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane Sugar to help with your cookie making needs!
I am so excited for #cookieweek you guys! This brainchild of mine has been in the planning stages for so long now and to see it finally here just brings a huge smile to my face. Who doesn’t love cookies? Seriously, who doesn’t? I will never and I mean never turn down a cookie. If you presented every single type of dessert in front of me, I will pick the cookie. Hands down. Every time. No questions asked. Even better if there is ice cream in that cookie.
Think I’m kidding about my cookie love? Yours truly is the reigning champ of the Brooklyn Cookie Takedown for the last two years, I know my way around cookies. So with that in mind, let’s get this party started and don’t forget to stick around to read all about our amazing giveaway.
While cookies are my first choice at the dessert table, maybe they aren’t yours. So what do you do when you are faced with the decision between pie and a cookie? Today that problem has been solved with Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Cookie Cups. For you see I’ve taken the portability of a cookie and filled it with, in my opinion, the best pie filling out there, peanut butter. It’s the ultimate combination dessert and you can have more than one without feeling guilty. Win – win situation.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter ( 2 sticks), room temperature
- ¾ cup pure cane sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup natural style peanut butter (no added sugar)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 24 cup mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment or using a hand mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and airy about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a until until combined and then the vanilla extract.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in the flour in two parts, careful not to over mix.
- Take about a golf ball sized amount of dough in your hand (it's about 1½ to 2 tablespoon worth) and roll into a ball. Place it into one of the cups of the mini muffin pan. Proceed with the remaining dough, it should portion out to 24 dough balls.
- Gentle press the dough down into the pan with your thumb and bake for 10 ten minutes.
- Once finished baking, remove from the oven and let sit for a minute or two, then with a small spoon or the back end of a wooden spoon press into the cookie cups to make an indent about ¼ of the way down. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- While the cookie cups are cooling, clean out your mixer bowl and add the peanut butter and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and slightly whipped, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a pipping bag, fitted with a tip of your choice.
- Pop the cookie cups out of the pan and proceed to fill with the peanut butter filling.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Ready to find out how to enter that giveaway? Read on below and don’t forget to check out the rest of the #cookieweek participants! Check back the rest of this week for more cookie goodness!
Four lucky winners will win one of the following:
Prize #1: 1 (one) KitchenAid 9-Speed Hand plus 1 (one) 4lb bag of Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
Prize #2: 1 (one) OXO gift set including the following: 1 (one) 3-in-1 Egg Separator, 1(one) Cookie Press, 1(one) Autumn Cookie Disk Set, 1(one) 3 piece Cookie Cutter Set, 1(one) Bowl Scraper, 1(one) 2 Cup Adjustable Measuring Cups
Prize #3: 1 (one) King Arthur Flour gift set including the following: 1(one) King Arthur Unbleached All Purpose Flour -5lb bag, 1(one) Snowflake Cookie Cutter Set, 1(one) King Arthur Flour Pure Vanilla Extract, 1(one) Sparkling Sugar Collection, 1(one) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Wafers – 16oz and 1(one) 4lb bag of Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
Prize #4: 1 (one) Silpat Halfsize Mat and 1(one) 4lb bag Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
This giveaway is open to US residents from November 11, 2013 through November 16, 2013 11:59pm EST and will be picked from random draw. The winners will be notified via email and have 72 hours to respond, if not their prize is forfeited and another winner will be chosen.
How to Enter:
- Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment with your favorite cookie to bake during the holidays or for cookie swaps.
- Many more ways to enter in the rafflecopter widget!
A little about our sponsors:The iconic Kitchenaid stand mixer was born in 1919, from there stemmed an entire kitchen of high-performance appliances -all created with the same attention to detail and quality. OXO’s mission is dedicated to providing innovative consumer products that make everyday living easier. King Arthur Flour was founded in 1790, as America’s oldest flour company they provided pure, high-quality flour to residents of the newly formed U.S., still going strong, they are the nation’s premier baking resource. Silpat was founded in 1965 by M Guy Demarle in Northern France. He was an experience baker seeing a better way to bake bread with forms using non-stick silicone coatings. He invented the first non-stick baguete baking trays and a few years later invented and created the original Silpat. Zulka Pure Cane Sugar is a Non-GMO Project Verified “Morena” sugar – a term used to described granulated sugars that do not undergo conventional refining processes. Zulka is perfect for baking, it tastes better, is less processed and is a cup for cup replacement.
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Caramel Apple Cider Cookies by Like Mother Like Daughter
- Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookie Bars with Peanut Butter Frosting by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chocolate-Filled Christmas Thumbprint Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Sandwich Cookies by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Cookie Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Peppermint Raisin Cookies from It’s Yummi!
- Classic Gingersnap Cookies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Coffee-Toffee Thumbprint Cookies from Crumb
- Dark Chocolate Andes Cookie Cups by Beyond Frosting
- Double Chocolate Biscotti by Love and Confections
- Eggnog Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Extra-Chewy Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies from Omeletta
- Fruit Coolers by Texana’s Kitchen
- Gluten-free Elisenlebkuchen cookies by Masala Herb
- Iced Molasses Cookies with by i heart eating
- Nutella Cookies by Total Noms
- Orange Cream Cookies by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peanut Butter Cup Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Coconut Macaroons by 52 Kitchen Adventures
- Rolo Brownie Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Saketini Christmas Balls from NinjaBaking.com
Disclaimer: KitchenAid, OXO, King Arthur Flour, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane are providing the prizes free of charge. All opinions stated are my own.