Cheese is a wonderful thing, it has so many textures, tastes, and types and can be prepared anyway your imagination takes you. Mixed in with my scrambled eggs, in a simple grilled cheese, a gooey mac and cheese, or tucked into my burger for a cheesy surprise – those are all a couple of my favorite ways. However, it’s probably no surprise around here that my most favorite cheese and cheese preparation is the one and only poutine. Squeaky, fresh cheese curds piled on top of gravy soaked fries – what’s not love? Plus I thought the cheese curds are the perfect homage to our friends at American Family Insurance who are based out of Madison, Wisconsin home to cheese curds!
It’s funny, despite my grand love for cheese, I was having trouble coming up with exactly what I wanted to make. So one afternoon while waiting for a movie to start, I started bouncing ideas off of Braden. First I was thinking of a poutine burger, I love putting french fries in my sandwiches and burgers. Then he one upped my suggestion to Cheesesteak Poutine, it’s the ultimate mashup of two very oh so bad, but oh so good for you foods. It’s a little something wild that can be prepared in one of two ways (side note, my pairing this with the beer little sumpin’ wild was total coincidence).
If you want to watch that carb intake and be just slightly less indulgent, skip the roll, toss all your fries in a bowl and add your toppings. Either way this combination is a win.
Oh and I think for more winning cheese recipes you need to go check out AmFam’s Pinterest board!
Don’t forget to check out all the amazing recipes we have lined up for you this week!
Here are more recipes with cheese by Sunday Supper contributors:
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Soup by Chocolate Moosey
- Fettucine Pumpkin Cauli-fredo by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheeseburger Chowder by Magnolia Days
- Three Cheese Lasagna with Meat Sauce by Webicurean
- Japanese Grilled Cheese & Kale Salad by NinjaBaking.com
- Cheesy Ham and Potato Bake by Country Girl in the Village
- Spinach Feta Greek Impossible Pie by Shockingly Delicious
- Cheesy Vegetarian Enchilada Soup by Curious Cuisiniere
- Steakhouse Bacon Alfredo Pasta by Juanita’s Cocina
- 3 Cheese Pumpkin Mac and Cheese by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Cheddar Popcorn Soup by MarocMama
- Broccoli, Mushroom & Cheese Strata by Momma’s Meals
- Chili Relleno Casserole by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- French Onion and Apple Soup by Supper for a Steal
- Cheesy Italian Sausage & Kale Quiche by girlichef
- Lighter Stove-top Mac and Cheese by Alida’s Kitchen
- Cheddar Potato Dumpling Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Prosciutto, Chevre & Radish Toasted Sandwich by Foxes Love Lemons
- Cheesesteak Poutine by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Roasted Tomatoes and Broccoli Rabe Flatbread Pizza by Family Foodie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement?Click here ? Sunday Supper Movement
This post is sponsored by American Family Insurance. All opinions are my own.