I am absolutely thrilled to be back today with American Family Insurance and my #SundaySupper family. Our theme is one that I think everyone can relate to – cooking one meal that can be repurposed into a second dinner or even better a third!
Now I’m not just talking about heating up some leftovers here, this is about taking your meatloaf and making sandwiches out of it the next day. Perhaps making a big batch of of meatballs and sauce and then going for quick and easy meatballs subs for a dinner after a busy weeknight. My favorite out of all the options though? Braising some meat, perhaps a little cider braised pork belly? Then taking that left over cold pork belly, chopping it up into cubes and tossing it into a potato hash for breakfast for dinner. Pure perfection in my book!
First though, let’s take a step back and talk about our pork belly. I was looking for a hearty, fall flavored meal for my #SundaySupper and the combination of pork braised in apple cider, and farm fresh apples just called my name. This is a meal that will warm your body after a day outside and fill your home with incredible smells. Despite the long cooking time, it’s a mostly hands off dinner, so get it going early and enjoy the smells.
Do you have a favorite recipe that makes a great second day meal? Then you should absolutely enter American Family Insurance’s “Share Your Recipe” sweepstakes that they are having; for 6 weeks there is a weekly prize of a $100 Williams-Sonoma gift card plus a grand prize of a $500 Williams-Sonoma gift card. For details visit: https://contests.amfam.com/familydinnertable/
Don’t forget to check out all the amazing recipes we have lined up for you this week!
- Apple Cider Braised Pork Roast by Magnolia Days
- Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf by girlichef
- Baked Barbecue Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen
- Brined and Roasted Turkey by Growin Up Gabel
- Chicken Cacciatore by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cider Braised Pork Belly by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Classic Spaghetti and Meatballs with Homemade Tomato Sauce by Neighborfood
- Coffee Rubbed Ham by Curious Cuisiniere
- Glazed Ham with Bonus Recipe: Scalloped Potatoes & Ham by The Foodie Army Wife
- Herb Crusted Roast Beef by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Herbed Pork Loin on Spaetzle by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Picadillo-Stuffed Chiles Rellenos by Foxes Love Lemons
- Pork Tinga by Juanita’s Cocina
- Roast Psycho Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Vegetables by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Shrimp Scampi & Sushi by NinjaBaking.com
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken by In The Kitchen With KP
- Slow-Cooker BBQ-Rubbed Turkey Breast by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Spicy Turkey Meatloaf by Runner’s Tales
- Sunday Supper Spicy Portuguese Pulled Pork by Family Foodie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here ? Sunday Supper Movement
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by American Family Insurance. All opinions are my own.