Do you know what one of my favorite things to have for dinner is? Breakfast!
In my opinion, breakfast is without a doubt the best meal of the day, there are a myriad a choices from sweet to savory to healthy to not. However, whenever I prepare it for dinner, it just tastes that.much.better.
It’s the simple pleasures in life.
Here’s my true confession though, my breakfast for dinner habit generally consists of eggs, some sort of meat (bacon, duh), a bag of potato chips and it happens when I’m cooking alone on a weeknight. If hubby is going out for the night, and I’ve come home after a long day of work, then a work out, I want a quick dinner and I return to bachelorette days.
After one of those long days, I was picking up my needed breakfast for dinner items and had an epiphany – I needed to make breakfast nachos! Tortillas chips smothered with cheese, topped with chorizo, avocado, tomatoes and finished with a fried egg. It was the perfect meal.
The best part? This is totally customizable, don’t like chorizo? Use a different meat? Don’t eat meat? Leave it out. Like things spicy? Add some jalapeños. You clearly get the point.
|Egg and Chorizo Nachos #weekdaysupper||
- 1 bag corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese
- 3 ounces cured chorizo, cut into ¼ inch pieces
- ½ avocado, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 plum tomato, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallion
- 4 eggs
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place a layer of tortilla chips, and scatter one third of the cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, and chorizo. Proceed with two more layers, ending with a layer of cheese and chorizo.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the chips are lightly brown and crisp.
- While the nachos are cooking, fry the eggs, so the whites are cooked through and the yolks are still runny.
- Carefully transfer the nachos to a platter and top with the avocado, tomatoes, scallions and fried eggs.
- Serve immediately.