I’m back again today with my friends from Land O Lakes® and Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for another quick and easy #weekdaysupper.
Coming up for a dish to make with my Sauté Express® was so easy, in fact I was originally going to do this for my #SundaySupper post but the fact of the matter is, we are cooking during the week here, we want simple, no fuss, done in 20 minutes type of dinner.
This friends is your dinner tonight. I’ve made a million variations on chicken piccata, in fact it is one of husbands favorite meals that I make for him, and one of the few that he ever requests – and I quote “you know what you haven’t made in a while…” The answer is always, chicken piccata.
I think it’s because he loves the capers or maybe it’s because it is one of the first batch of meals I made for him. Whatever the reason, this is a meal that will make anyone happy.
|Chicken Piccata #weekdaysupper #SauteExpress||
- 1lb thin cut chicken cutlets
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 oz (2 squares) Savory Butter & Olive Oil Sauté Express® Sauté Starter, divided
- ½ cup chicken broth
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon capers
- In a shallow dish, season the flour with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Dry the chicken cutlets with papers towels and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Dredge the cutlets in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt 1 square of the Savory Butter & Olive Oil Sauté Express® Sauté Starter. Cook the chicken, until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side and transfer to a plate tented with foil to keep warm.
- Continue with remaining chicken cutlets, and adding the extra square of Sauté Express® to the pan as you cook.
- Once all the chicken is cooked through, immediately pour the chicken broth into the skillet and scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon. Add the lemon juice and capers and bring to a boil.
- Place the chicken back into the pan and heat through, about a minute more.
- Serve with the sauce drizzled on top.
This Week’s Sauté Express® Sauté Starter #WeekdaySupper Recipes:
Monday | Scampi-Style Shrimp Bruschetta by girlichef
Tuesday |Chicken Piccata by Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Wednesday | Individual Shrimp Caesar Salad Pizzas by Supper for a Steal
Thursday | Honey Orange Glazed Ahi Tuna by The Messy Baker Blog
Friday | Garlic chicken South Western Salad by Mom’s Test Kitchen
Disclosure: The author received a full-value coupon redeemable for Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.