It’s time. Thus far this year I’ve brought you two desserts, irresistible mashed potatoes and a bread recipe. It’s time to get a little healthy.
We are going to get healthy my favorite way possible, by eating some fish! Whenever I feel like I’ve consumed too much bad for me food, I go for a dinner of roasted salmon or pan-seared flounder and I instantly feel better. If I’m feeling festive I’ll whip up some fish tacos!
Fish dinners just have some magical healing powers for me. I don’t know if it’s their heart healthy fats, the low calories or the fact that I can never really stuff myself when I prepare it.
What’s your favorite type of fish to make for dinner?
Since I do my best not get stuck in my cooking rut, I decided to change things up a little bit and do a simple brown sugar and dijon glaze on my salmon. French dijon mustard gives the salmon a nice spicy kick and the little bit of brown sugar mellows it out enough to not clear your sinus’ through dinner. 🙂
- 2 6-8oz salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons French-style dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Season your salmon with the kosher salt and black pepper on both sides.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dijon mustard and brown sugar.
- Place the salmon fillets on the parchment paper, skin side down and divide the mustard mixture between the two fillets.
- Spread evenly over the top and sides and bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- Remove from the oven and set the broiler on high. Place the salmon back in and broil for 1-2 minutes for the glaze to set.
- Serve immediately with roasted potatoes and vegetables.