In the past week, I was lucky enough to receive a number of blog awards from three talented and wonderful food bloggers.
I hope that you don’t mind indulging me today, while I take a moment to say my thanks and to spread the award love.
There are a lot of food bloggers out there, and while I felt a little lost for awhile in terms of finding my place, in the last few months that has changed. Instead of keeping to ourselves and looking at each others blogs as a competition, we should form a community instead. We each have different talents and write about different topics, why not share that knowledge with each other?
I first received the Versatile Blogger Award from Erin at Table for 7 and from Kayle at The Cooking Actress . Thank you to both for the award, if I could, I would send it right back to you for everything you do! Please take a moment to check out both of their blogs.
So, now while I was thinking of who to nominate on my list for the Versatile Blogger Award, I knew I was going to include Jessica from Oh Cake. She is the founder of the Food Bloggers Network (seriously, if you are food blogger, check it out) and a very talented pastry chef, but then she beat me to the punch! That’s what I get for being slow! Jessica went ahead and gave a whole lot of us not only the Versatile Award, but also the Sunshine Blog Award and and the Kreativ Blog Award. So, I’m going to take a page out of her book and pass all three awards on.
The rules for the Sunshine Award are:
- Include the award logo in your blog
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 bloggers
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you
- Favorite Color – Red
- Favorite Animal – Dogs of course
- Favorite Number – 15 – it’s my birthday and now my number at Takedowns, haven’t lost one yet!
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink – water and seltzer
- Facebook or Twitter – Facebook, no Twitter, no Facebook. Ok both!
- My passion – Chocolate? Reading? Eating?
- Prefer giving or receiving presents – Both!
- Favorite Pattern – polkadots
- Favorite day of the week – Saturday
- Favorite flower – Roses
The rules for the Kreativ Blogger Award are to list 10 facts about myself and then pay the award forward to six blogs. Fact:
- My degree is in music, however I don’t play a lick of it anymore, unless you count karaoke.
- My favorite band is Bon Jovi and has been since I was 6, except for the brief NKOTB interlude.
- I treat puggers like he is my son, because he is.
- I have screws in my back, therefore I am a cyborg.
- I’m kind of a sci-fi/fantasy nerd – see above.
- I wore sequined chucks at my wedding. I’m not really a heels girl. My hubs changed in a pair too after the ceremony. We like to keep things casual.
- Except for college, I have either lived in NYC or 60 miles away from NYC. I like to stay close.
- I’m the youngest of 4, the only girl and age difference is great. My youngest of the oldest brothers is 11 years older than me.
- I don’t know how to ride a bike, and no I will not learn.
- I am partially ambidextrous. I am a lefty and can pretty much do everything with right hand except write.
The rules for the Versatile Blogger award are to:
Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog – Thank you very much, Kayle, Jessica and Erin! List 7 things about yourself (done!) and pass it on as well as inform the blogger you’ve awarded them.
In no particular order:
- The Hungry Couple
- The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- The Lean Green Bean
- Soni’s Food for Thought
- Home Skillet Cook
- Healthy Foodie Travels
- Part Time House Wife
- A Little Bit of Everything – Roxana’s Home Baking
- In Fine Balance
- Samantha’s Supper Cookery
- The German Foodie
- Magnolia Days
- Georgie Cakes
- Jaim’s Kitchen
- The Lovely Pantry