This Zucchini Noodle, Blackberry and Mango Salad with Vanilla Bean Vinaigrette is just the salad you’ve been looking for to brighten up your summer picnics and BBQ parties. This salad is light, refreshing with a sweet and tangy surprise!
We have officially entered the allergy zone of springtime. This time of year is always a paradox for me – it’s my most and least favorite point in the season. I love all the blooming trees, flowers, the warmer weather and desire to be outside. Yet all which is happening in nature puts me in a constant state of fogginess, congestion and competition to see how many times I can possibly sneeze in a row.
Oh well, it’s only a few weeks out of the year and I can certainly persevere when I know the outcome leads to the arrival of summer produce and outdoor entertaining season!
Now I fully admit to being totally impatient when it comes to enjoying my light and fresh summer salads, so I’m just going to start now with this zucchini noodle, blackberry and mango salad.
It is so easy to put together for a quick weeknight meal or to take on a picnic or feed a crowd at your first BBQ of the season. This salad has a little bit of everything with the sweet blackberries and mango, salty feta and topped with a slightly sweet and tangy vanilla bean vinaigrette.
If you remember, the first time I played around with vanilla in a savory fashion was back in the fall with my vanilla cardamom roasted acorn squash. I love all combinations of sweet and salty and adding just a little touch of Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Bean Paste or the seeds from a Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean is the perfect touch of sweetness to any meal.
I get that in the back of your mind you might still be thinking vanilla belongs in desserts or if you’re going savory in a heartier dish but trust me when I say this vinaigrette is a game changer.
This dressing brings excitement to salad that could be a little boring because let’s be honest, raw zucchini on its own doesn’t have much flavor!
- 2 medium to large zucchini
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 3 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1 vanilla bean (such as Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the ends from the zucchini and place on a spiralizer with the straight blade in place.
- Spiralize the zucchini and trim the ribbons down so they are not one long piece.
- Arrange the zucchini in a large salad bowl or on a serving platter and toss with the diced mango, blackberries and feta cheese.
- Slice the vanilla bean in half and with a sharp pairing knife, scrape the seeds from the inside of both halves.
- Add the seeds to small bowl and whisk together with white wine vinegar, honey and dijon mustard. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the vinaigrette has emulsified. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Before serving toss the salad with the vinaigrette.
- Salad can be served cold or at room temperature.
For more information on Nielsen-Massey Vanillas please visit them on facebook, twitter, instagramand pinterest.
This post is sponsored on behalf of Nielsen-Massey Vanillas. As always all opinions are my own and thanks for supporting brands that I work with.